Day Patient / Outpatient Rehabilitation
Booking for your day rehabilitation will be made through our day rehabilitation team, following a referral from your Doctor’s rooms, Specialist or directly from another hospital.
Complete admission paperwork
On the day or your initial Day Program / Outpatient Rehabilitation session, please arrive a few minutes early to complete your admission paperwork. At each attendance will are required to attend reception to sign your health fund paperwork.
Confirm costs and insurance coverage
Our day rehabilitation / outpatient services team will verify your insurance and any out-of-pocket expenses you may incur from your hospital stay. Our staff are happy to answer any questions you may have about costs and insurance coverage. You may also wish to check with your health fund if you have any concerns.
For further information see:
Fees and Accounts Veterans / DVA
Our Day Program / Outpatient Rehabilitation staff will contact you to confirm your eligibility and program schedule. If you are being referred by your GP or Specialist, you may be required to attend a consultation appointment with our Consultant Rehabilitation Physician prior to commencing any Day Program / Outpatient Services.
What to bring to hospital
Please remember to bring the following to hospital (if relevant to you):
- Health care card
- Pensioner concession card
- Health fund membership card
- Veterans' Affairs card
- Workers' Compensation claim/s agent details and approval letter
- Third party/accident details
- All relevant x-rays/scans
- Notes, letters and/or reports from your Doctor
- Copies of legal documents:
- Medical decisions
- Enduring Power of Attorney (Financial)
- Enduring Power of Guardianship (Personal Decisions)
- Advanced Care Directive
- Slippers (non-slip) or comfortable shoes
- Swimming costume and dressing gown (if attending hydrotherapy)
- Towel (if attending hydrotherapy)
- Thongs (if attending hydrotherapy)
- Spectacles and case (if required)
- Credit card (if required)
- Mobility/walking aid (if required)
- Pen and notepaper
We strongly recommend that you do not bring the following items with you, as the hospital does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to personal property:
- Large sums of money
- Other valuables
On the day of your appointment, ensure you arrive to hospital at the time designated by our day rehabilitation team. On arrival, please register at reception. You will then be shown to the appropriate area.