The booking for your hospital stay will be made directly from your referring hospital or through your Doctor’s rooms.
Complete admission paperwork
Rehabilitation patients transferring from another facility will be assessed by our Rehabilitation Assessor to ensure suitability to programs provided by the hospital. A number of information brochures about Westmead Rehabilitation Hospital, our facilities and programs will also be provided at this time.
Confirm costs and insurance coverage
Prior to your admission, our admissions staff will verify your insurance and any out-of-pocket expenses you may incur from your hospital stay. Our staff are happy to answer any questions you may have about costs and insurance coverage. You may also wish to check with your health fund if you have any concerns.
For further information see:
Fees and Accounts Veterans / DVA
Our Admission staff will confirm your admission with your referring facility.
What to bring to hospital
Please remember to bring the following to hospital (if relevant to you):
- Health care card
- Pensioner concession card
- Pharmaceutical safety net card
- Health fund membership card
- Veterans' Affairs card
- Workers' Compensation claim/s agent details and approval letter
- Third party/accident details
- All medication currently being taken, in original packaging
- A list of all medications from your GP (preferably typed)
- All medication repeat prescriptions
- All relevant x-rays/scans
- Notes, letters and/or reports from your Doctor
- Copies of legal documents:
- Medical decisions
- Enduring Power of Attorney (Financial)
- Enduring Power of Guardianship (Personal Decisions)
- Advanced Care Directive
- Comfortable, loose fitting clothing
- Swimwear for participating in hydrotherapy
- Supportive, enclosed shoes (e.g. joggers)
- Sleepwear/night attire/dressing gown (if staying overnight)
- Slippers (non-slip) or comfortable shoes
- Toiletries, incontinence aids or pads (if staying overnight)
- Reading material
- Hearing aids, spectacles and case
- Pen and notepaper
- Small amount of cash
- Credit card (if required)
- Mobility/walking aid (if used)
- CPAP (if required)
We strongly recommend that you do not bring the following items with you, as the hospital does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to personal property:
- Large sums of money
- Other valuables
On arrival, please register at reception. You will then be shown to your room.
On admission to hospital, you’ll be asked about the medications you are currently taking, and whether you have had any unexpected reactions or allergies to medications in the past. If so, these will be noted on your medication chart.