Aurora Extras – Outpatient Rehabilitation
Aurora Extras is an outpatient rehabilitation service available at Westmead Rehabilitation Hospital.
Sometimes the burden of travelling to multiple locations to access health care as well as the associated costs can create a barrier for clients wanting to improve their health condition.
Our Aurora Extras services help overcome those burdens by providing tailored programs that provide the right care, in the right setting and at the right cost.
Our programs are catered to each individual and offer a range of exercises and therapies including circuit training, balance and mobility training, strength and endurance training, and education.
Aurora Extras provide a range of critical allied health and health-related services across a broad range of conditions, in the one rehabilitation-accredited location. We help clients that:
- Require support for surgical preparation;
- Need to improve their wellbeing to enhance a safe return to work, transition back into the community or back to sport and recreation after an illness or injury: OR
- Simply, have individual wellness goals that they wish to achieve.
Aurora Extras are designed for clients that:
- Have completed their hospital inpatient or day patient programs but wish to continue with the therapy,
- Have limited private health insurance cover (Health Fund Extra Cover),
- Have no private health insurance (fees for service packages- and AfterPay available),
- Are registered Work Cover or Third Party clients.
A referral is not required for a consultation with an allied health professional such as a physiotherapist, although it is often helpful for clients to bring as much information about their health history that relates to their reason for seeing an allied health therapist.
When being funded by Workers Compensation Claims, CTP (Third Party) Road Accident Claims, Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Claims clients will need to obtain a referral from their GP prior to attending Aurora Extras services.
How to Access Aurora Extras:
Call us: This is usually the best way to find if we can help to address recovery or wellness needs, 02 8833 3555.
First consultation: Once we’ve obtained all relevant information we can get make a booking with the right therapist.
Individualised plan: A comprehensive individualised plan will be developed based on client needs, goals and timeframe.